Inside the Newsroom

News, commentary, insight on local happenings and fun from the staff of The Saline Reporter and Milan News-Leader.


Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Everyone loves their pancakes!!









Last week I went to the 5th annual Pancake Supper at the Milan Senior and Community Activity Center. Let me just tell you, people love their pancakes. There were 255 people that were served pancakes, sausage, fruit and a beverage. The event was put on by volunteers from the Milan Senior Center and led by senior program coordinator Jennifer Michalak. Pancakes were provided by the King Pancake Company. I even ran into a couple from my hometown, Jackson. They were there visiting with their friends that live in Milan. The two couples have known each other since high school, so it was cool to listen to their stories on how long they have known each other. The supper was put on to raise funds for the senior center's scholarship fund and the arts and crafts department. I love breakfast food, so it was natural that I would enjoy the concept of the fundraiser. Maybe the only thing I enjoy more than breakfast is good company. Maybe next year I'll have time to eat some pancakes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]