Inside the Newsroom

News, commentary, insight on local happenings and fun from the staff of The Saline Reporter and Milan News-Leader.


Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Local man's presence will be missed

Last week I wrote my first tribute story on a local resident, Earl Laughrey,who passed away. It wasn't the easiest thing to do to sit on the phone with his wife as she grieved over him a few days after he died. My heart went out to her for sure. I give her a lot of credit for sitting on the phone with me and telling me about him, I know it wasn't easy. As I talked to more sources, I began to realize the kind of guy Earl was. He was a man that did whatever he could to help out the community of Saline. He viewed the city more than just a place to sleep in at night. He made so many friends in the community through his involvement with organizations. From what I learned, I can see why people loved this man so dearly. He seemed like he had a heart of gold. I may not have met Earl, but I feel privileged to have wrote Earl's story. Your community will miss you dearly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]