Inside the Newsroom

News, commentary, insight on local happenings and fun from the staff of The Saline Reporter and Milan News-Leader.


Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Celtic Festival a pleasant surprise





So to be completely honest, I had no idea what to expect when attending last weekend's Celtic Festival. When I had my internship in Saline a couple summers ago, I had heard about the festival but never had the chance to experience it first hand. This year, I decided I would do a feature on Bob Grosshans, the Grand Marshall of the Celtic parade. Even though the parade was canceled due to the rain showers, I enjoyed walking the grounds of the festival while Bob told me what his week had been like with all the setting up involved. Bob is in charge of the facilities and grounds at the festival. I have to say I was very impressed with how organized it was from the set up to the bus transportation. The community support behind this festival truly is amazing and I can definitely see why this event has continued over the years. My only complaint would be the humidity that day, but that's neither here nor there. I guess I should expect that with it being summer and all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]