Inside the Newsroom

News, commentary, insight on local happenings and fun from the staff of The Saline Reporter and Milan News-Leader.


Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Summerfest in the rain







So last weekend, my job was to cover Saline's Summerfest. I went Friday to hear Mayor Gretchen Driskell's opening remarks and took some photos. Her speech included a few presentations on behalf of Saline being recognized for its third recognition in CNN/ Money Magazine as one of the Top 100 Best Places to Live in the United States. It represents an unprecedented third time that Saline has garnered this distinction and was chosen as No. 68 overall. After that I headed home to Jackson, because I planned on staying for quite awhile the next day. As I soon quickly found out, that wasn’t the brightest idea. I waited till early afternoon the next day to make the trip out to Summerfest in hopes of the rain slowing down, but as we all know the rain didn’t let up for awhile. Once I arrived into Saline and walked over to S. Ann Arbor Street with my umbrella in hand, my immediate thought was “Great, is anyone even here?” Let me just say there really was no one around. As it turned out, I was able to talk to some organizers and a family that took a ride on the trolley that day. Everything eventually came together as best as it could. So I headed back to my car and drove home. But, of course what happens on my way home. Well, the rain stops and the sun comes out. Man, I sure do love Mother Nature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]