Inside the Newsroom

News, commentary, insight on local happenings and fun from the staff of The Saline Reporter and Milan News-Leader.


Thursday, January 22, 2009

Do you Tweet? Follow me

I am here singing the praises of Twitter.com. I started posting links to breaking news through Twitter a month or so ago and I love it. I had been sending out e-mail alerts to everyone listed on my contacts list in Microsoft Outlook, but that's so tedious. By posting a headline on Twitter with the link, I am done and have the potential to reach a lot of readers to alert them to fresh, local news on our Web site. So far, I've posted 26 updates.

But the problem is I have the "potential," but not the people yet.

While I sent an e-mail to many people in my contacts list, which is over 300, I only have 36 "followers," as they're called on Twitter. I wish more readers would create a Twitter account and check it regularly. You can also follow other newspapers. I follow The Detroit Free Press and Mlive, as well as the Great Lakes Rabbit Sanctuary, which I also post to as part of my new publicity committee duties with the organization. I also follow Michigan Media, Lt. Gov. John Cherry, the Michigan Daily and numerous individuals.

It's a great way to find out what's going on in the state of Michigan, as well as our community.

I encourage you to check it out. It's free. You just set up a user name and password and then start "following" media sources, nonprofits and individuals. And, please, won't you follow The Saline Reporter and Milan News-Leader. We're at http://twitter.com/mrogersheritage.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]