Inside the Newsroom

News, commentary, insight on local happenings and fun from the staff of The Saline Reporter and Milan News-Leader.


Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas friends

It's Christmas Eve, 6am. I have a few gifts yet to pick up. My family is still sleeping. I cannot. I'm too excited. Tomorrow is Christmas.
To me, it's a feeling like falling in love for the first time.
Secrets, surprises, pleasing someone you really adore. Stretching the limits of giving, creating.
Can't eat much.
Well, ok, I can eat plenty. It's the holidays!
My little sister is in town, sleeping soundly in the guest room now. She is pregnant with twins. My two little nieces will be born in the Spring. A gift.
My children and husgand are sleeping upstairs. Quiet. A gift.
Anticipation. Appreciation.
Merry Christmas friends.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]