Inside the Newsroom

News, commentary, insight on local happenings and fun from the staff of The Saline Reporter and Milan News-Leader.


Monday, March 21, 2011

Hello World


Hello readers, my name is Kevin Doby and I am the new staff writer for the Saline Reporter and the Milan News/Leader. I am a recent college graduate, having earned my Journalism B.A. from Western Michigan University at the end of August. While there, I covered University events and Kalamazoo community news for the student paper, the Western Herald.

I have actually been working for Heritage for the past couple of months in multiple capacities, starting in the middle of January. I covered local news in Chelsea and Dexter for a couple weeks followed by another couple of weeks doing news for Ypsilanti and Bellville. Most recently I have spent the last couple of months covering sports for Saline and Milan so if you've been keeping up with the Sports hopefully my name is not totally unfamiliar to you. I am excited to start this new job and stay in these two beautiful communities for the long haul. Going to sporting events and talking to parents/teachers/coaches, I have had nothing but positive experiences and I hope to add to those very soon.

Outside of the newsroom I am interested in sports (Go Lions!), music and am an absolute film buff. I attended high school at Okemos High School outside of Lansing and while there I participated in varsity football, baseball and track. I also spent the summer after my junior year of college living Traverse City working as an archival assistant on the Michael Moore movie "Capitalism: A Love Story" which was interesting in several aspects.

If anybody out there in cyberspace has any ideas for things you would like to see covered in the paper, I would love to hear to hear from you all. I can be reached in multiple ways: please feel free to comment on these blog posts which I will be posting at least once a week, maybe more. I can also be reached through email at kdoby@heritage.com.(Oh and I also love food too, so if anyone has any story ideas that include this young writer stuffing his face that would be great.)

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael McVey said...

Welcome to the Reporter, Kevin.

March 21, 2011 at 8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]