Inside the Newsroom

News, commentary, insight on local happenings and fun from the staff of The Saline Reporter and Milan News-Leader.


Thursday, May 19, 2011

My Experience at Discover Milan Day

Discover Milan Day 2011 on PhotoPeach



As of January, I had never been to Milan. Over the past few months I have gotten more and more familiar with the city, its people and how they feel about their community. I was excited to go to Discover Milan Day this year, hoping to see a small celebration of everything Milan has to offer, put on and supported by the people who care about it the most. While it may not have been what it possibly could have due to rain, I still enjoyed myself while there.
Luckily, when it did rain it remained warm enough so that while I was getting wet, it was never to the point where I was beginning to feel like it may begin to freeze to my shivering body. I was also kept warm by the spirits of the people who stuck around, or those who sowed up once the rain ceased. Everybody there was happy to be supporting the city they call home, or supporting a city that feels like home if they weren't actually from Milan. I look forward to more events like this in the future and hope that you enjoy some of these pictures I was able to get throughout the day.

P.S. I ended my last post with a Youtube video of a song that fit the theme of my post, so I think I'm going to make that my thing for all of these blog posts

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]