Inside the Newsroom

News, commentary, insight on local happenings and fun from the staff of The Saline Reporter and Milan News-Leader.


Thursday, May 28, 2009

New Staff Reporter

I thought I would start my very first post to the blog, by introducing myself to those of you who haven't met me yet. I am the new staff reporter at the Saline Reporter and Milan News-Leader. In my first week here, I have already been asked a few times what brought me to Saline. So here is a shortened version of how I got here. It all goes back to me searching for a newspaper internship while completing my degree at Central Michigan University. I live in Jackson and while I was on spring break I searched the web to see what newspapers were located not to far from my home. Among the newspapers I found, I came across the Saline Reporter's website. I decided to stop by the office and see if they would be interested in having an intern for the summer. In the end, I was an intern for the summer of 2007. I wrote several stories and took photos for the Reporter and the News-Leader. I also had the chance to help put the newspaper together. It was an all around good experience, which I found very beneficial as I left college and entered the real world. I loved the people I worked with, I enjoyed meeting the people I met and loved the small town atmosphere. At the end of the day, I'll always be a small town girl. After my internship was over, I decided to sign on as a freelancer for the Reporter and the News-Leader. I figured it would be the best thing I could do, while I searched for a job. I also decided to do some freelance work for the Jackson Citizen Patriot. So that brings us to the present, as I wrap up my first week in Saline. Thanks for all the warm welcomes and best wishes this week. I look forward to the future here and hope to serve this community well. : )

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]