Inside the Newsroom

News, commentary, insight on local happenings and fun from the staff of The Saline Reporter and Milan News-Leader.


Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A really beautiful Saline afternoon



This is a great job.
Today, after finishing a story about the budget challenges facing the diligent folks on City Council, I headed out to the SHS track where 180 athletes were gathered to compete in the county's Special Olympics. I love love love this event. I'm not sure who was having a more fun and rewarding experience - the competitors or the high school students who were volunteering to be their "buddies" I hope to print some of these in the paper, but here's a preview.




But wait, that's not all. I then stopped by the beautifully restored Weber-Blaess one-room school where my super awesome son, Patrick and his classmates were experiencing school, c.1860. Cheryl and Jim Hoeft (love them), Joe Rossi (former SHS principal) and parents were on hand to help. Some pics, here, too. Now, I strongly suggest you get outdoors. On your bike, because it's Bike to Work Week in Saline and around the state. Can I borrow your bike lock?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]