Inside the Newsroom

News, commentary, insight on local happenings and fun from the staff of The Saline Reporter and Milan News-Leader.


Monday, April 13, 2009

Share Your Thoughts By April 20

I just received a letter to the editor from Saline Fire Chief Craig Hoeft about the May 5 election and it reminded me that I should make a better effort to let readers know about our letters policy.

When I came on board from the Chelsea and Dexter papers in November 2006, I implemented a letters policy that sets the deadline two weeks before the election and prohibits election-related letters running the week prior to the election. This is to ensure errors or misinformation is not shared before the election without an opportunity to publish a correction. Since we publish weekly newspapers, that means a really early deadline.

So, readers interested in weighing in on the May 5 school election, which includes candidates running for the board and millage renewal, put your words in writing and e-mail them to me by 1 p.m. April 20. Letters will be published April 23.

We want to include as many voices as possible, so step up and share your thoughts. My e-mail address is editor@salinereporter.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]