Inside the Newsroom

News, commentary, insight on local happenings and fun from the staff of The Saline Reporter and Milan News-Leader.


Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Meet Randi Shaffer


Hello, I'm Randi Shaffer, the summer intern for Heritage Newspapers. I am currently a senior at Central Michigan University majoring in Journalism with a concentration in News Editorial and minoring in Media Design, Production and Technology. This is the first of hopefully a few more internships I land before I graduate with my B.A. Degree in the spring of 2012.
In addition to my current summer internship, I also work as a Senior Reporter at Central Michigan Life, CMU's student-produced newspaper.
In addition to reporting, I am also interested in page design and photography.
After graduation, I would like to find a career either reporting or editing for a mid-to-large scale publication.
I'm excited to start reporting for Heritage Newspapers this summer.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joyce Ervin said...

Congratulations, Randi. Enjoy your new position. Hope to meet you in the course of your reporting. You've choosen a rewarding profession.
Joyce Ervin
Freelance Writer

May 12, 2010 at 12:24 PM  
Blogger Jerry LaVaute said...

Randi, welcome. I'm Jerry LaVaute, and I sit right behind you in the large room on the second floor. I'll be in the office tomorrow, and will introduce myself then.

May 12, 2010 at 3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]