Inside the Newsroom

News, commentary, insight on local happenings and fun from the staff of The Saline Reporter and Milan News-Leader.


Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Have you driven a Ford lately?


I want to say congratulations to my father, Gary, and the entire team at Ford Motor Company on the announcement of their $2.1 billion first quarter profit.


I grew up in the shadows of Ford in Dearborn Heights. My first job was at The Henry Ford Museum (now The Henry Ford). As I said, my dad is an employee of the company, doing product design work for many years. My wife and I loyally lease Ford cars and trucks.


The auto show is a sacred yearly tradition.


With all that said, Ford is in my blood and when it does well it makes me happy.


Of course, the announcement is fantastic as well to a region that has swallowed its fair share of negative news over the past few years, so I hope we continue to hear of Ford's success well into the future and that other companies are able to follow suit.


The photo is of my wife, Jackie, in her dream car.


2 Comments:

Blogger Jerry LaVaute said...

Steven, very interesting. I retired from Ford in 2009, having worked in Product Development for most of my career.

And the Auto Show is a decade-old tradition in the LaVaute household - myself and my kids.

May 5, 2010 at 10:57 AM  
Blogger Jerry LaVaute said...

Steven, very interesting. I was at Ford for 31 years, having worked most of my career in PD, in Finance.

And the auto show is a decade-old tradition in the LaVaute family - the kids and I go each year.

May 5, 2010 at 10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]