Inside the Newsroom

News, commentary, insight on local happenings and fun from the staff of The Saline Reporter and Milan News-Leader.


Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Big Brothers, Big Sisters doing great things!





So last week, I spent a great deal of my time working on my regional piece for this week. My topic, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Washtenaw County. I'm pretty familiar with the topic due to the publicity that the organization gets, I've covered events on BBBS back home and plus my dad was once a Big Brother himself. So I guess you could say I have a bit of a soft spot for this organization. I've heard stories from my dad about being a mentor to a child and honestly, if I had the time to make the committment the idea of becoming a Big Sister does appeal to me. I think this program does a lot of great things for area youth and to talk to the matches that I talked to last week it was nice to hear how committed these mentors are to these kids. I'm sure I'm being a little sentimental, but honestly, after hearing the stories I heard I don't see how I shouldn't be. To see what I mean, check out my story in tomorrow's 10/22 paper. I hope more people will consider being a Big! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]