Inside the Newsroom

News, commentary, insight on local happenings and fun from the staff of The Saline Reporter and Milan News-Leader.


Thursday, January 31, 2013

Life at the Community Media Lab

Today at the Community Media Lab I took a break from my stories to work on several apps that can help journalists tell a better a story or improve the presentation. The sites I went to today included bighugelabs.com, Flickr and Storify. The first site is one of the coolest I have visited and one where I had the most fun. You can make movie posters ID badges, calendars and more. I had fun trying to create something special. On Flickr, you can make slideshows with all the photos you upload. I did one last weekend for the Winterfest in Saline. I am still learning. Storify I am going to try today to see if I can do something with a story I am working on. Please come and say hi on Thursday afternoons between 12:30 and 4 p.m. at 215 Michigan in Ypsilanti. Staff Writer Jim Pruitt can be reached at 734-429-7380, jpruitt@heritage.com or via Twitter @BigPruitt. Text HERNews and HER-Weather to 22700 to receive news and weather alerts to your cell-phone. Msg and data rates may apply. Text HELP for help. Text STOP to cancel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]