Inside the Newsroom

News, commentary, insight on local happenings and fun from the staff of The Saline Reporter and Milan News-Leader.


Tuesday, September 4, 2007

See you downtown? What, you don't go downtown? Why the heck not?

I'm working on a story about the vitality and future of our downtowns for an October regional report for Heritage Newspapers (that means I'll have the chance to look at, not only my lovelies Saline and Milan, but also Manchester, Chelsea, Dexter and Ypsilanti. Now, what I'd like to know from YOU is how you view your downtown. Please, please, take a moment to email me (or blog herewith) on a few matters:
  1. why do you/don't you shop in your downtown?
  2. what would encourage you to shop/eat/walk/visit in your downtown?
  3. what advice would you give to city planners about your downtown?
  4. Describe your downtown, in 10 words or less.

Thanks and I'll look forward to reading your comments and to writing my story for the Oct 17 issue. (Those who know me will think it most unusual that I'm planning this far ahead! Very impressive, eh?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]