Inside the Newsroom

News, commentary, insight on local happenings and fun from the staff of The Saline Reporter and Milan News-Leader.


Monday, November 28, 2011

Introduction: New general assignment reporter

Hi, I'm Krista Gjestland and as of today I am the general assignment reporter here at Heritage Media West. I'll be covering news and life events all across Washtenaw County, filling in whenever and wherever the other beat reporters can't be.

For the past eight months, I have been freelancing at Heritage, mainly The Chelsea Standard and Dexter Leader. I've spent time covering a wide range of events, from township and city council meetings to last summer's black bear sightings.

Before coming to Heritage, I worked at The Eastern Echo, while I studied toward my journalism degree at Eastern Michigan University. There, I spent time as a news writer and copy editor, and ended my 3.5-year stint there as chief copy editor before graduating last April.

Although I've lived in Washtenaw County for almost five years now, I am most familiar with Ypsilanti and Ann Arbor. Therefore, I am really looking forward to getting to know the other communities and people that make up the county.

Feel free to contact me with any ideas or suggestions, and I look forward to meeting you all!

Staff Writer Krista Gjestland can be reached at kgjestland@heritage.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]