Inside the Newsroom

News, commentary, insight on local happenings and fun from the staff of The Saline Reporter and Milan News-Leader.


Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Memories of Sable Rose Martin


In memory of Sable Rose Martin
(pictured here with the apple of her eye, her niece Olivia Martin)
Add your comments, memories and thoughts about Sable here.
From Ms. Marsh's class at Saline Alternative High School:
I will never be able to forget any of the memories I have shared with Sable Martin. She was one of the greatest friends I ever had. We always had the best tiem when we hung out no matter waht we were doing. She always made me think positive and helped me get through some rough times. I'm going to miss her so much but she will alwyas be here with us, just in a different way.
Sable and I had started hanging out when we were both going to school at Saline Alternative and we have been good friends ever since. It seemed almost every time I saw her she had a huge smile on her face. She loved life and just having fun.
It broke my heart when I received the news about Sable. I just couldn't believe it nor did I want to. It was like a bad dream I couldn't wake up from which is what most of her friends were saying. We have all just been sticking close together trying to help each other get through this hard time. But it will never be the same again without Sable.
I know she is looking down on all of us right now helping us and keeping us safe. She will always stay in our hearts and her memory will neer be forgotten.
Rest in Peace Sable Rose
We all love you and miss you.
Michelle Byrd
The first day I met Sable was when I was in seventh grade and she was in eighth. We met at a friend's birthday party. I was the only guy there and every one wanted to go roller skating. Ever since then me and Sable have been really close. I remember going to Heath Beach with her over the summers along with other friends. There was one time when Sable came over to my house and Sable's mom Rose dropped her off and saw me. Later that night Sable didn't get home until pretty late and my mom ended up driving her home with her dad on the other line not sounding too happy. Sable was an amazing person who had a log going for her. She always spoke her mind and said what she wanted to say. I know Sable's mom who worked with me at Saline High School. Sable is loved by many and iwll be issed; we love you tons. Sean Lyos

Stunning Beauty. That's the only way to describe Sable Martin. We were great friends and I will miss her always! She will always have a place in my heart, I will always remember the great memories we shared together. Laughing about pretty much anything in every class we had together.
Brett Steiber
Sable can make a MEAN taco salad! I thought she was a whacko putting Italian dressing in it, but it turned out to be a stroke of genius!
Hoestly, I didn't know Sable as well as other people, but I knew her enough. She was hilarious and super gorgeous. I will seriously miss her.
Serena
I only knew Sable Martin for probably 3 weeks. Even though I only knew her for a short period of time she was still a good friend of mine. She was in two of my classes and she used to be really nice to me. From the first day of school she started to talk to me and she was asking me a lot of questions. I really liked her. She was a sweet girl and a good friend. I saw myself that she was a helpful person and she was trying to do her best in everything. Another thing that I saw was tht she had big dreams about her future plans. Probably not everyone knew about her big dreams but she told the class what she wanted to do in the near future. She was a simple person but she had a big heart. The day she died one person came into my work and told me that one girl named Sable Martin died and I was thinking who that might be. I knew it was Sable, my classmate and my friend, and I was really upset. I stil can't believe that she dies.
But, I know one thing: that no one person knows when the end is for them. Jesus is the only person that knows when to take someone's life. Jesus knows when he should end someone's life and we cannot do anything about it after a person is dead. We all suffer but I k now that one day we will all die, either now or later. I know it is hard because it's a big loss, but it happens every day. I am so sorry for Sable's death, I as a person would do anything to get her back but there is nothing that i can do about it now because it is too late. She may rest in peace. I loved Sable a lot; she was a nice and lovely person and i know that if she was alive now she was going to be one my my good friends. Love you Sable.
Dana Leahu

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Mr.Graden said...

She will be missed. She was the only one I let call me "Mr. G"....

February 13, 2008 at 12:18 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Sable was my baby sister, I married her brother Charlie. She was an amazing girl who had her own ways of doing things. Sable did what she wanted, and didn't take crap from anyone. She spoke her mind and was a very strong young woman.

When we got the call her dad couldn't bring himself to tell Charlie, he just said she was in a bad car accident, he needed to get there, and it didn't look good. Charlie was white as a ghost when he left, and called me about 20 minutes later and told me what really happened. I screamed her name and told her I loved her. My throat closed and I couldn't breathe; I felt pain in my chest. It was the worst moment of my life.

Even though I have to carry that with me for the rest of my life, pretty much every memory of Sable I have is good. When we were in School together, she always wanted to hang out with me and her big brother, and of course we always let her. I know we we're young and all, but at least I can say I've partyed and had my share of fun with her!

It's hard to pick a favorite memory to share, but the funniest one still makes me laugh out loud to this day. She was staying the weekend at our house, and I was 7-8 months pregnant with her neice Olivia. It was first thing in the morning and I was drinking a glass of chocolate milk. There were boxes everywhere from preparing the babies room. Our dog had jumped up on her as she was sitting on the couch and pee'd on the blanket. Now, Charlie had warned her not to let him on her lap that he might have an accident, but she said he was too cute. She didn't realize the pee for a minute or two and once she realized her lap was wet, she sniffed it and jumped up yelling "oh my gosh he pee'd!" Immediately I turned towards the boxes and projectile vomit came spewing everywhere. Sable collapsed on the floor laughing histerically at me, trying to say "ew Jennifer what are you doing!" I then started laughing histerically too, and it took us about 10 minutes to recooperate and regain our composure. LOL

There will never be another person who could fill her shoes, and the whole family has a broken heart. She will always be missed but never forgotten. Her life was short but it was full and she had fun. She has so many people who love her and the legend of Sable Rose will go on forever. See you in a while baby girl. Watch over us and protect us until it's our time to be together again.

Rest in peace. I love you.

February 13, 2008 at 8:36 PM  
Blogger Sue Gee said...

That's beautiful, Jenny. Thanks for sharing your stories.

February 17, 2008 at 4:24 PM  
Blogger jrankin3 said...

Jennifer Rankin.
I have known Sable since i was about 5 or 6 years old. she was the most amazing person. always smiling and always getting me into trouble! she was a free spirit at best and she loved having fun and living life more than anyone i know. although we grew apart when high school started we still had our moments like in science class when i got yelled at and almost kicked out of class for gauging her ears, and i will never forget the last time i saw her: picking her and my lil brother up from Alt Ed. in saline and driving her home. her laugh is the last thing i remember from her and it plays over and over in my mind every time i think of her. from the times at day care when she first introduced me to the south park cd or chris rock to the times in middle school goofing off in science class making that silly binder folder i still keep in my room to this day, and even hearing her laugh the very last day...3 days before she was taken from us laughing about the old days and what a blast we had. she will always be in my heart and always live within every one she knew and who ever's heart she touched along her way through life. she will be forever missed and forever loved. when i am feeling upset or like i have no where else to go in this world i often go down to her crash site or even sit by her grave and spill my heart feeling like she is the only person that will listen. I loved her and will continue to love her till the day i die. bless her soul once again she is my hero forever and always. I love you Sable Rose Martin. You will never be forgotten.

May 23, 2009 at 2:06 AM  
Blogger jrankin3 said...

Jennifer Rankin.
I have known Sable since i was about 5 or 6 years old. she was the most amazing person. always smiling and always getting me into trouble! she was a free spirit at best and she loved having fun and living life more than anyone i know. although we grew apart when high school started we still had our moments like in science class when i got yelled at and almost kicked out of class for gauging her ears, and i will never forget the last time i saw her: picking her and my lil brother up from Alt Ed. in saline and driving her home. her laugh is the last thing i remember from her and it plays over and over in my mind every time i think of her. from the times at day care when she first introduced me to the south park cd or chris rock to the times in middle school goofing off in science class making that silly binder folder i still keep in my room to this day, and even hearing her laugh the very last day...3 days before she was taken from us laughing about the old days and what a blast we had. she will always be in my heart and always live within every one she knew and who ever's heart she touched along her way through life. she will be forever missed and forever loved. when i am feeling upset or like i have no where else to go in this world i often go down to her crash site or even sit by her grave and spill my heart feeling like she is the only person that will listen. I loved her and will continue to love her till the day i die. bless her soul once again she is my hero forever and always. I love you Sable Rose Martin. You will never be forgotten.

May 23, 2009 at 2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]